Monday, March 1, 2010

So at the END of the day!

Wowzers I got a lot more done than I thought I would. I even got the kitchen cleaned up and dinner done just as the hubby and mil walked in. After all that cooking my back is killing me, but I have to pat myself on the back for getting so much done without a solid plan. Truth be told I wasn't even planning on freezer cooking today at all. I just had some burst of motivation as I walked in this morning after dropping off the Giant Baby aka (oldest son).

I did not get around to prepping any fruit for smoothies. I recently bought four cantaloupes that were on sale at Kroger this week for 1.39. I couldn't pass that up. We use cantaloupes a lot in our green smoothies. So I'll be freezing what we can't eat fresh. They are still not ripened much so I've actually got time. The bananas too are a much used fruit for smoothies and for banana bread. I love me some banana bread. But I think I will wait till the family has had their fill of fresh bananas before freezing them.

Did remember to bring up the block of sharp cheddar to defrost in the refrigerator so that I can have at it in the Kitchen Aide sometime tomorrow. I think I will make Taco fillings with one of the bags of browned ground deer, and go ahead and set aside the cheese for it.


So what I got for the freezer today was this:


  • 1 bag of diced onions
  • 2 sandwich bags full of diced chicken meat = 2 chicken Scampi dinners.
  • 2 bags browned ground deer w/ onions.
  • 2 bags spaghetti meat sauce.
  • 2 portions of homemade chicken stock
  • 8 cups (cooked) brown rice cooked in chicken stock.
  • 2 mochicko chicken dinners
  • 1 dozen single servings pureed carrot and applesauce baby food.
  • 1 extra large dinner portion of Spaghetti Parmesan. 
I still want to get:
  1. green smoothies prepped for the SHOH (Spiritual Head of Houshold aka Hubby)
  2. I've got the pineapple frozen down stairs and the green grapes frozen upstairs. 
  3. Cut up all cantelope 
  4. bring up all frozen berries from down stairs
  5. prep chicken breast for Katsu...wrap individually in press n seal wrapper.
  6. prep chicken breast for French Friend Onion covered Chicken...will serve with Stove Top.
  7. prep for blueberry muffin mix
  8. cook up blueberry pankakes
  9. cook up whole wheat french toast
  10. prep for crab cakes (shirley's recipe)    
I say....NOT too shabby for an unplanned, spur of the moment First Freezer Cooking Day.
I just might blow it outta the park if I actually planned it out!

3 comments:

  1. Would you mind sharing your recipe for Chicken Katsu? We used to get this as a take out from a small local restaurant when we lived on Maui, but I've never been able to find a recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken Katsu...I grew up making this so it wasn't really a recipe I had written out...so this gal's recipe is pretty much how I learned it. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ashleys-Chicken-Katsu-with-Tonkatsu-Sauce/Detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I've bookmarked the recipe and will give it a try and see if her version tastes like what we used to get on Maui.

    ReplyDelete