Monday, March 1, 2010

First All Day Freezer Cooking

Why am I blogging this I don't know...for my sake, sanity, and some laughs. I've found a lot of moms doing this to motivate themselves to do the best with what they have for the Glory of the Lord and sharing their experience to benefit others mutual pursuit. I'm jumping on the bandwagon of Blogging my adventure of Mommyhood.

So my first entry is this...I'm following along MoneySavingMom.com  as she and her readers are  tackling OAMC = Once A Month Cooking. Now I surely did not technically plan to do enough to last us a month of dinners for EACH night, but surely after our grocery shopping yesterday I know I can generate at least a dozen frozen meals for the family.

I am so excited to be doing this. I want so much to be able to feed my family healthy, home cooked meals but not at the expense of going insane and killing myself of exhaustion due to our busy lifestyle. Eating out has it's place, so does fast food but after a bit I just can't stomach the money wasted that could better serve to keep me from having to go to work. Also it's scary to overuse eating fast foods that are potentially hurting my family's health...so here I go on with the Freezer cooking!

The haphazard menu/game plan looks like:
Deer Meat Spaghetti
Whole Chicken boiled for Stock and meat.
Chicken Meat for Chicken Scampi...I've already got Spaghetti Noodles frozen.
Deer Meat browned w/ Onions that were previously frozen.
May be cutting up more onions to freeze.
Chicken Thighs for Mochicko Chicken
Chicken Breast prepped for Chicken Katsu

This may get more elaborate as I get through the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment