Monday, March 1, 2010

Homemade Baby Food..It's Time!!

My baby is finally old enough to start solids and oooh how I was looking forward to this time. I remember the first time I made homemade baby food and that was for my now 10 year old son. It was fun then but so time consuming and messy (canning jars were such a hassle). Third child later, I'm wiser and craftier so not a huge problem to whip up some tasty, healthy baby food for the baby....ahhhh VitaMix. Love, love my VitaMix. Pureed Carrots is first off. A handful of carrots ( I had baby carrots on hand today so I used those), a few tbs. of water and a few tbs. organic applesauce....VitaMix on for a minute or so and there she is...homemade baby food.
 
 

 I spooned it into a ice tray, covered and put them in the freezer. Will get them out a little later to put into a large Zip bag to actually store better in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment