Thursday, July 14, 2011

One Bug at a Time....giving me the heebeegeebees!!!

Bugs, Insects, Pest...whatever you want to call them they will be in your garden. They say some are beneficial, some are harmful to your garden. I just don't care for them PERIOD, but I have to get over them ONE BUG AT A TIME if I want to continue having a garden.

Found this guy today in my Zucchini plant.

Brown Grasshopper
 Squah Bugs are running rampart in my Zucchini plant. They are so hard to get rid of.

 They are always mating...they have laid tons of little copper eggs all over the leaves of my Zucchini plant. I can't keep up with them. Every morning I see them all over, despite my efforts to get rid of their eggs, spraying them with Insecticidal Soap, and literally squishing them dead.
Here they are mating again.


A butterfly or a moth...I have no idea but he was on the cucumber leaves before flying off.

12 spot Ladybug

Yea I killed it. Beetle of some kind.
 So here is our resident Spider. It resides in our Mountain Pride tomato plant and it has pretty much been there since the first week. Scary looking thing but it's kept this particular Earthbox pest free. It not only eats various bugs it eats other spiders too. This spider is very territorial. As much as I hate looking at it, I wish we had one of them in each of our plant, because it's doing a better job keeping the bugs away than we are.


Another bug.

A bee, helping to polinate.
 They've done an exceptional job pollinating the melon plant.I have about 4 melons that I'm going to let mature and I've pruned about 4 budding ones.

A giant ant.


A little green frog gets around one day it was on the green beans, then it was hiding out in a corn stalk. Today I found it on one of the green bell peppers...by surprise. Nearly fell on my rear.
A little green frog.
Wasp found dead...I didn't do it.

Red Wasps have been living in the corn. Been really frightning to water the Earth Box.

That little girl is not a bug...but turn your back on her & she's attacking the plants. She'll pull & tug on the leaves & fruits of the plants. I suppose I can't fault her for it, she's just copying my actions, and doesn't know that what I'm doing is not harmful.

Her nickname is Lady Bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment