Monday, March 22, 2010

First Shopping Trip with Coupons

Store: Kroger
# Items Purchased: 59
MFG Coupon Savings:  $12.00
Store Coupons & Plus Card Savings: $57.54


Total Spent: $94.73
I came $5.27 under my weekly budget....I actually used this towards my next newspaper purchase.

I shopped what was ON SALE, used the few COUPONS I could find to MATCH the sales {the amount of Q's (coupons) I use will go up as I build my coupon stash}.
THIS IS HOW YOU SAVE!!!!
I just got that...after all these years making up a list of items that I WANTED and then buying them, with very little thought. Who taught us to shop like this? You save by buying what's on SALE, then plan your menu around what was on sale.

At the moment the family is eating out of our pantry/freezer/fridge. I am stocking up on what we will need for meals ahead.

I'm just gonna highlight some of the deals that got me excited....

Paid $94.73 for $164.27 worth of products.
(final price paid after sales and coupons in parenthesis)

(10)  Sargento Shredded Cheese 8 oz $1.49 ea ($.99 ea.)
     *the Kroger brand Bar or Shredded Cheese 16 oz at $2.99
(8) Ronzoni Pasta 16 oz at 79¢ ea (makes it 24¢ ea)
-$1/2 Ronzoni Healthy Harvest
-$1/2 Ronzoni Garden Delight
-$1/2 Ronzoni Smart Taste 

(4lbs) Red Delicious, Cameo, Jonagold or Braeburn Apples at $1 lb 
(2lbs.) Bosc or Anjou Pears $1 lb
(1 bag) Kroger Value Russet Potatoes 10 lb bag at $3.99 ea
(4) Kroger Dozen Large Eggs $1.18 ea 
(2) Garden of Eatin’ Tortilla Chips 9 oz at $2 ea
-$1 off Garden of Eatin’ product  (makes $1.00 ea)
(1 bag) Jumbo Florida Navel Oranges 8 lb bag at $5.99 ea
  

No comments:

Post a Comment